What if we told you that we’re overwhelmed with job applications right now?
In the midst of the news stories about how nearly every industry is struggling with a labor shortage, making hiring impossible and excellent job candidates as rare as a unicorn, we’re experiencing something else. Our applications have doubled in the last quarter.
It’s no surprise why this is happening.
In 2020, many people were able to avoid the work commute, and had a chance to spend more time with family and friends. They acquired the habits and skills necessary for working from home. For a year, as people were forced to change how they worked, they also had a chance to step back and rethink their lives.
After all of that rethinking, guess what many of them decided?
Remote Work Is Here To Stay
A Pew Research Center study done in late 2020 found that of those workers who said their work could be done at home, 71% were currently working from home, but prior to the pandemic only 20% had the opportunity to work remotely. That’s an incredible number of newly-skilled remote workers.
The research also found that 54% of those people would like to continue working from home instead of going back to the office.
Why do they want to work from home?
- They realize their career is no longer geographically restrained.
- They want a better work life balance, because 2020 put a lot of things into perspective.
- They want more flexibility in their work, with more control over how and when they work.
Instead of returning to their previous job where they’d have to go back to the office, facing long commutes and reduced personal freedom, they’re going after everything on that list. The most talented workers are turning to remote work, and if that’s who you want to hire, that’s where you’ll have to look.
If you weren’t ready to go all in with a remote team, or aren’t sure how to manage this shift, it’s time for some expert help.
How A Remote Staffing Service Is Your Solution
Despite the dread and negative news about what’s going on with the labor market, there’s a silver lining.
Yes, there’s a labor shortage, especially among the most talented and skilled workers. Yes, hiring is getting more difficult. Yes, you are going to have to make some changes and consider other options.
Where’s that silver lining? You’re being forced to give remote staffing services a serious look. So, what do companies like Boldly, one of the premier services available, have to offer you?
- The best of the best. Forget the labor shortage. As we pointed out, we have an ever-growing team waiting to be matched with you. But we don’t bring on just anyone; we look for the most talented and skilled people we can find. Some bring Fortune 500 experience with them, and all are at the top of their game.
- Reduced hiring times. Hiring, even when there isn’t a labor shortage, takes a long time. At least three months (and lots of money) are poured into the process. Worse, after all the effort and training and onboarding, one out of every five new hires will leave within six months. A remote staffing service handles the hiring so you don’t have to. You can bring on a new hire within a week.
- Excellent compatibility in new hires. Nothing makes work an unbearable chore like being horribly mismatched with the person you’re working with. Between personalities and working style, finding a fit that clicks has always been tough with traditional hiring. A great remote staffing service matches you with someone who’s the best fit for what you need by understanding your needs and your work style first.
- Strong team culture. For all the benefits of a remote workforce, culture almost always takes a hit. Nothing beats the way an in-person team connects and evolves. We know how critical team culture is, so we’ve taken steps to build that for our team members. Through employment benefits, great communication, and checking in to make sure everyone is doing well, we have built a bona fide remote culture that supports our employees.
- No worries about employment compliance issues. Unless you’re hiring someone as a W2 employee who lives where you’re based, you have several legal considerations to handle. The first is knowing the difference between an independent contractor (1099) and an actual employee (W2). The second is that if your remote workers are in other states, you are going to need to register to do business in that state and there are going to be varying labor and employment laws to follow. At Boldly, all of our team members are our W2 employees, so you don’t have to worry about either concern. Not all remote staffing services take that approach, however, so you’ll want to check to make sure.
- Budget-friendly fractional access. When someone works a fractional role, they work for several employers, giving each one a tightly focused chunk of their time. They are often from C-level or similar professional positions. What that means for you is that you get access to serious talent without having to hire full-time or break the bank with temp staffing contracts.
Remember, not all remote staffing services are the same. Take a look at that list. You should only be choosing one that checks off every single item.
Use A Remote Staffing Service, Or Build Your Own Remote Team
The reality is that we’re not going back to 2019 and the way we viewed work.
The trend was already towards remote work. 2020 merely put that in high gear. Whether you wanted to or not, you’d have had to make the adjustment to remote workers somewhere down the road.
If you take it on yourself to build your remote work force, you’ll have significant challenges that go far beyond hiring during a labor shortage.
- People might have the skills, but not the habits or personality to work well remotely.
- You will have to be more mindful of communication than ever before.
- Monitoring productivity, overwork, employee burnout, or trust issues on your team will be more important.
- Measuring employee sentiment will take on new meaning, as the benefit of in-person contact and communication is gone.
So, will you build it all from scratch? Or will you turn to a remote staffing service who are already the experts?
You can start building your remote team immediately. You can jump to the head of the line and quit worrying about hiring. You can have a top-shelf team member up and running in a week.
All you need to do is contact us. We’re experts at remote staffing, and we’re ready to match you with your perfect team member.
Topic: Remote Staffing
Updated on July 1st, 2022