Sometimes the apple falls a thousand miles from the tree.
You’re looking for talent to add to your team, but you’re having a lot of difficulty finding it locally. You’ve posted open positions to job boards, you’ve put time into the application process and maybe even the interview process, but no luck.
You are not finding the right person.
That means you’re currently at a fork in the road. Do you settle for less than you’d wanted in a new employee and hope it’ll work out? Or do you hold to your standards?
The latter option might sound impossible, but it can actually be the easier of the two. By using a remote staffing company, you can get access to premium talent from across the U.S. with way less hassle than you’d imagine.
Why Remote Staffing Is Right For You
Maybe you’ve never considered remote staffing.
You’ve generally gone the traditional route, hiring locally through a job application process, and having people work in-person. Even the few who work from home or have a flexible schedule are still located nearby. That’s the way it’s always been, and there’s a little peace of mind knowing your workers are nearby just in case something should pop up.
There are other reasons you might have avoided remote staffing, too. Maybe you’re concerned about the impact it will have on your culture or you think team communication will take a hit.
Maybe you are concerned about the legal and administrative complexity of hiring out of state.
Because of all of that, you’ve just never looked into using a remote staffing company when you had positions to fill.
Let’s take a look at why you should reconsider, and give remote staffing a try:
- Hiring is much faster. You know how much time and money it takes to fill a position. It’s even worse if you’re not finding the right talent, because you end up with no satisfactory result. With a remote staffing company, hiring becomes their concern. Your hiring cycle goes from months to days.
- Remote teams are less costly. With remote staffing, you don’t have to supply office space or supplies. The overhead expenses associated with in-person teams are gone. Plus, the costs associated with onboarding and training go away and those are big expenses every time you hire someone new.
- Get access to better talent. This is the conundrum that started the whole conversation. Your business is growing, you know the kind of talent you need, and yet you can’t find it locally. With a remote staffing company, you get access to stellar talent all over the world. You’d never be able to do it on your own due to resource and time limitations.
- Avoid legal headaches. If you attempt to hire remote staff on your own, you’ll be responsible for legal requirements based on their location, and whether or not they are an independent contractor or employee. This is a question of compliance and, as we’ll talk about next, remote staffing companies can handle that for you.
- Remote work is the future. The trend is toward remote teams. It would be better to get on board and start adapting sooner rather than later. There’s a particular agility to remote staff that sets you up for the future workscape.
Those are pretty convincing reasons to jump on board the remote staffing train, but now you’re faced with your next big decision: which remote staffing company should you use?
Choosing The Best Remote Staffing Company
Each remote staffing company is different and they are not all created equal. You need to know what to look for so you get the best results.
We’ve come up with a list of traits that will set a quality remote staffing company apart from the rest. Look for these and you can be confident you are working with a great company.
They offer amazing talent.
Remote staffing agencies fall into a couple different camps.
Some operate as a pool of workers where you are assigned whoever is available next. This is more like a remote temp agency, and it makes it difficult to form a lasting connection within your team as well as have successful project continuity.
Instead of that, find a remote staffing company that has a robust process for screening applicants so they only offer the best of the best. Top-notch Fortune 500 talent is what we’re talking about. Make sure that you are paired with someone so that you aren’t dealing with a pool of workers.
They remove all barriers to entry.
Bringing on remote staff should be about removing the barriers to easy access. The idea is to solve the problem you have, not create new ones.
The barriers to entry would be time, cost, and headache. So what does that translate into?
A great remote staffing agency should make the process quick. You came to them because you’re trying to avoid a fussy hiring scenario. Onboarding your new staff should also be smooth, which means the agency will offer tools to help, as well as quality staff who have enough experience to get up to speed quickly.
Then there’s the legal and compliance issues we hinted at earlier. Each state has its own tax and insurance laws (among others), not to mention the laws surrounding W2 workers vs. independent contractors. Find a remote staffing company who takes care of all of that. Their team should be W2 employees so that you don’t have to register to do business in a new state. If you’re being paired with independent contractors, the burden of compliance will still be on you.
Finally, there are cost concerns. Find an agency that offers fractional roles or subscription staffing options instead of locking you into an expensive contract for hours you may not really need. With subscription staffing, you only pay for the time you need from your new team member, and you can change your subscription accordingly.
They care about your success.
A great remote staffing company wants to see you succeed. They’re not just about assigning workers to clients. However, every remote staffing company will tell you they care about your success. You need ways to measure if that’s true.
- Ask about longevity. How long has their staff been with them? How long do most clients work with their remote staff once assigned? Longevity is rare in the remote staffing industry, but it’s a sign that things are working well.
- Ask about how they match staff. Are clients simply assigned to whoever is next in line? Or is more care taken? If they aren’t asking you about what you need and how you work, that’s a red flag. They’re not matching remote workers that are best suited to you.
- Ask about follow-up procedures. Do they check in with you to make sure things are going smoothly with your remote staff and continue to accompany you as the relationship evolves? Having a process in place to make changes if necessary is great peace of mind.
- Ask about culture. Does the remote staffing company have a good workplace culture, or are team members isolated? Look for great culture. That translates into better productivity and communication.
If they really care about your success, the remote staffing company will do whatever it takes to make sure you end up with remote staff that are the perfect fit for what you need.
The Perfect Remote Staffing Company Exists
At Boldly, we check off all of those boxes.
When we bring on new team members, they go through a robust hiring process because we are looking for highly skilled and experienced people. We have many Fortune 500 experienced team members, some of whom have been working with us for over seven years (which is unusual for this industry).
When you come to us, we listen first. You tell us what you want and then we find the best match. We make sure both you and your new team member agree that it’s a good fit, and we continue to touch base with you to make sure things are going well.
We take care of all the legal and compliance issues so that you don’t have to worry about any of that. Our team members are our W2 employees, and we provide them with benefits and a great workplace culture so they have a solid support network.
And best of all, we offer subscription staffing so that you can get all of this and still stay within your budget.
All you need to do to fill that talent gap you’ve been struggling with is to contact us today. We can get you up and running with incredible talent in just a few days.
Topic: Remote Staffing
Updated on July 1st, 2022