You don’t have to look very hard to find complaints about the hiring process.
Of course, many of these are from the applicant’s point of view. And while they might have a valid case, there’s another side to the story: the hiring manager’s perspective.
Hiring is not fun. Hiring managers could write a book filled with their own frustrations when it comes to bringing on new team members.
There’s recruitment, and decisions on narrowing the applicant pool. There are candidates whose interviews either inflate, or don’t do justice to, their viability as a candidate. And then, once everything is complete, you often don’t get to wait long before doing it all over again. Replacing employees becomes the focus, instead of figuring out the situations that make them leave in the first place.
Wouldn’t it be nice to skip the hiring headache and have employees with the skills to broadly function across many areas instead of having to fill individual lanes?
Right now, the trend is moving towards hiring virtual assistants as that kind of versatile team member. So, if you could come up with a wish list when it comes to bringing on remote talent quickly, what would it look like?
How do you hire a virtual assistant without all the drama?
The Challenges Of Hiring A Virtual Assistant
Whether it’s a traditional hire, or a remote hire, the challenges are similar. It’s easy enough to have an impossible wish list, but a better approach is to figure out your pain points. Know those, and you will know how to proceed.
What are your biggest frustrations?
- Recruitment. How do you stand out from other companies? How do you find the best talent? You have to put time into job descriptions, online listings, and other methods of attracting the best talent.
- Time and financial cost. The time cost for hiring is huge. Everything from listing the job, to the interviews looking for the right fit, all the way down to the final onboarding takes significant time. There are always costs associated with time, and with new employees, there are additional costs in the areas of payroll and benefits.
- Budget restrictions. Budgets put a fence around everything, including who you can hire as well as the entire hiring process. That means you might be limited in the skill and experience level you can access. It’s ironic that a budget could stop you from hiring a virtual assistant of top notch quality when, in the long run, that same highly experienced virtual assistant could save you money.
- Compliance concerns. The combination of headache and expense associated with hiring W2 employees, and the growing need for virtual assistants, has led to hiring managers going a different route: independent contractors. The problem is that there are significant laws that limit how you can use a 1099 contractor, and many businesses end up outside of compliance with those laws.
There’s a good reason the concept of pain letters (as opposed to cover letters) caught the eye of hiring managers. Applicants discovered that a way to stand out in a pool of job seekers was to identify the company’s pain and offer a solution.
But if you’re like most hiring managers, you’re still drowning in a stack of cover letters and resumes, or spending too much time writing and re-listing job openings.
There has to be a better way to hire a virtual assistant than the slow and expensive traditional hiring process.
How To Hire A Virtual Assistant (In Just One Week!)
Virtual assistants have become incredibly important. In the past, they used to function mostly as admin support. Today’s virtual assistant does so much more, providing everything from bookkeeping to marketing to human resource services. Because of the many skillsets virtual assistants provide, they have taken on crucial, non-replaceable roles for many companies.
In other words, you have to get the hiring right on this one.
Typically, it’s not easy to hire a virtual assistant. But it can be.
No joke, you can turn a three-month hiring cycle into three days.
What we did at Boldly was look at the pain points of hiring, and come up with a solution for each one of them.
- We recruit the best. At Boldly, we find and recruit the best talent. We have many on our team with Fortune 500 experience, and that wasn’t by accident. By creating a solid workplace culture, we’ve not only recruited the best, but our team stick with us. We have team members who have worked for us and our clients for over seven years, which is almost unheard of in the virtual assistant industry.
- We do the hiring work for you. We created a system in which we carefully match clients with virtual assistants. When you come to us and tell us what you need and a bit about your work style, we find someone who’s a great match. You’ll communicate with them and if both parties agree, we provide a framework to help you get started most effectively. We also follow up and accompany you throughout the lifetime of our work together to make sure everything is going well.
- We offer subscription staffing. That little problem of budgets limiting who you can hire is done away with through subscription staffing. You aren’t under contract, but under subscription. You can increase or decrease the number of hours you need from your virtual assistant. No more letting your budget limit growth potential. Subscription staffing is unique in that it opens the door for businesses of any size to gain access to compliant Fortune 500 skilled virtual assistants.
- We hire W2 employees. All of our team members are W2 employees. We’ve handled all of the legal requirements for our employees so that when you begin working with one of our virtual assistants, you don’t have to worry about whether you’re legally compliant or not. No worries about the laws of the state they live in. No worries about independent contractor limitations. No worries for you at all. We took care of all of that.
Everything you’d usually have to worry about is taken care of.
That’s why, when you use Boldly’s subscription staffing approach to hire a virtual assistant, you can get a great, fully compliant team member in less than one week.
Top-shelf talent from a great work culture, carefully recruited and matched to be a good fit for you, all legal compliance issues taken care of, in under a week. The best hiring manager in the world can’t replicate that.
Hiring keeps changing. Workplace trends and generational expectations push against traditional hiring practices, stressing them to their limits.
Instead of fighting an uphill battle, you can go a different route and get better results.
If you’re ready to shed some of those pain points and hire a virtual assistant quickly, or even if you’re just curious and have some questions, you can get in touch with us here. We’d love to talk to you.