Fraudsters regularly try to scam people searching for remote work by imitating companies and trying to steal candidates’ payment and identity documents during the process.
How Do I Know If A Remote Opportunity Or Job Is Legitimate?
- Before applying, always do your research. Look up the company’s website and social media pages. These should both be up-to-date and professional. If you can’t find anything or if these have lots of typos or grammatical mistakes, this may be a sign that it isn’t a real business.
- Look up the company on Glassdoor. Read reviews, and see what other employees have said.
- If you have been contacted by someone saying they are from a company, Google their name, company name, and any other information you have. See if you can find that person’s name listed on the company’s staff page.
- A legitimate posting will never require you to pay a fee or provide sensitive information like your social security number, credit information, or bank account before you’ve been hired.
Trust your gut. If you’re ever in doubt about whether a job is real, review the opportunity with a friend or reach out directly to the hiring company. Read more tips on safe job searching from Indeed.
Is Boldly A Legitimate Company?
Yes — Boldly is a legitimate, 100% remote company that has been certified as a Great Place to Work, Top Military Friendly Spouse Employer, and ranked as a Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs. We’ve even been featured on ABC10 News and in Real Simple Magazine. Boldly isn’t too good to be true!
However, because Boldly has a great reputation, scammers often try to imitate postings.
Follow this guidance to make sure that you are applying using Boldly’s secure process and that you are engaging with a legitimate member of the Boldly recruitment team.
- Boldly advertises its jobs on LinkedIn, Indeed, Flexjobs, and other mainstream recruitment sites, but all applications for a position at Boldly are done via the application form on the Boldly website.
- All communication from Boldly following your application will come from a boldly.com email address. We will text you once to let you know that we have emailed you, asking you to check your email.
- Boldly will never ask you to pay money to apply or to provide us with your bank account, routing number, credit check/report, or other private information during the application process.
This video explains how Boldly’s authentic hiring process works:
Example Of A Job Scam
If someone reaches out to you directly via social media, email, or text asking for you, specifically, to apply for a job you haven’t even inquired about, it is NOT Boldly contacting you.
If you receive this type of message, be especially wary and do not engage.
This is an example of a scammer sending a message to try and get valuable identity information.
If you are ever in any doubt as to whether you have been contacted by a member of the Boldly team please send an email to Boldly at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
Published on August 22nd, 2022